Let’s be real, life can be so challenging. On the outside people can view you as having it all together, when really on the inside you are hurting, feeling disconnected in your relationships, and tired of pretending you are strong. It’s exhausting trying to push everything down, especially when others sense that you have changed.
You want to feel happy, connected, fulfilled, and confident.
The issue is, you’re not sure how, or maybe life has chipped away at the person you used to be, leaving behind someone who feels empty, hollow, unsettled, and insecure. You may even be tormented with past traumatic memories.
I come from a family of first responders, so I get how the job can change you, affect your relationships, and alter how you view the world around you. When you are affirmed and recognized for being the strong one, the type of person that can handle a crisis, it is easy to hide the part of you that feels disconnected, anxious or depressed. You convince yourself you are strong enough to keep moving forward, to avoid appearing weak to your team or even to your family or spouse.
You might also be searching for meaning and connection, but doubt yourself, thinking you are flawed or insignificant. I’ve done my fair share of challenging my own inner-critic and exploring my own pain. I’ve dug deep in search of confidence and happiness.
I am passionate to help you heal, bring intimacy, love, and connection back into your relationships, and to show you that you are worthy, just like everyone else, to experience love and belonging.
“Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” -Carl Jung
M.A. in Psychology, with an emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
B.A. in Psychology
A.A. Degree in Liberal Arts
California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
EMDRIA: EMDR International Association
Life Coach Certification
Intuitive Eating Counselor Certification
EMDR Therapy Basic Training
Basic and Advanced Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy
Bringing Baby Home Parent Educator
Encounter-centered Couples Therapy Training
Using Encounter-centered Couples Therapy with Affairs: A Step-by-Step Process for Reconnection
Adventure in Intimacy Workshop
Emotional Survival for Law Enforcement
The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma Training
Trauma, Development and Healing Training
Certified Prepare and Enrich Facilitator
200-hr Certified Yoga Instructor
EMDR Advanced Training:
- The Fascinating Journey of Helping Children with Trauma
- Suicide, Self-Harm and EMDR
- Treatment of Complex Trauma: Clinical Practice and Treatment Guidelines
- An Application of the AIP Model in the Treatment of Grief
- History Taking and Preparation for EMDR Therapy in Complex Trauma
- Treating Dissociative Disorders with EMDR
- Treating Borderline Personality Disorders with EMDR
- EMDR for Early Trauma and Neglect in Implicit Memory
- Treating Headaches with Integrated EMDR
- DeTUR (Desensitization of Triggers and Urge Reprocessing) Addiction Treatment with EMDR for Substance Abuse and Dysfunctional Behaviors
Brené Brown Training:
- Men, Women, and Worthiness
- The Gifts of Imperfect Parenting
- The Power of Vulnerability